Thursday, August 11, 2011

Grace.edu

So you all have met Grace. She's four, her favorite color is pink, and she looks at the world literally.  So dinner's with Grace are very educating, I learn something new every night.

A little back story, I am a stay at home mom, and have been since Grace was born. Most of Grace's friends have stay at home moms. So in her world that's what moms do, they don't work, we stay at home and play puzzles, and read stories, bake things, and answer the call of "MOM I Need..." and we are there to listen to"uh Mom i was thinking..." So she knows that women work, her aunt works, her grandma B. works, however that's outside of her world and when people enter into the world of Grace well there is no telling what will happen, for instance..
The Wild a.k.a The Backyard
   Grace tries to convince Tuffy(her aunt) to stay home more often then not. So this time it led to a discussion about how she needs a job to pay her bills, or else they will take her car away. So Jeff takes it from there about how you have to work to make money to pay for things. To which Grace replies "well they have buildings where they just give it to you" see she knows what a bank is for. So Jeff elaborates, poor man you think he would learn but no he just keeps going. So he explains that if he didn't go to work we wouldn't be able to live in our house we would have to live in "the wild" yes he said "the wild". Can you see where this might go..Which leads to we would have to hunt for our food. and she says without pausing "but not bear, I'm not going to eat bear." And then after thinking on it she comes to the conclusion that we would have to knock down the grocery stores because we aren't getting our food from there. Who knew my family and I kept the grocery stores going.
Needless to say, by the time grace and her father are done having this conversation, not only are we living in the wild and hunting for food except for bear, but we are making our own bows and using the horses to help with everything from taking down prey to moving us from camp to camp.

So what did I learn, that somewhere in the far future I am going to have to rethink the decorating scheme in our log cabin. And that Grace still thinks her Dad and I are Superparents, I mean after all we can live "in the wild".


1 comment: